Monday, November 10, 2008

Jobs, Jobs, Jobs

So how am I supposed to get and keep a job being aNavy wife? At least, I should say, this "close" to leaving. By close I mean a year and a half, but it looks like another deployment may be coming our way again. Here's the snafu... I get a normal job, and then I have to quit in about a year, give or take a few months, and then add in the predeployment, and/or move time to get the house situated and what not. Then add in the fact that none of this looks good on my employment record. I don't know, it's just the random thoughts popping through my head. I mean technically I have a job babysitting for Tarean, but I miss the actual workforce, the getting out of the house with adults, that stuff. I miss being able to gripe about the boss. Normal adult things that I am missing out on. One idea though that I have thrown around is writing a novel, but I'm not sure if it would sell. And if it didn't sell I would be positively devestated. I just have to give props to the wives that have careers and deal with the military life. That has to be hard.

No comments: