Thursday, June 19, 2008

Getting Closer

So I don't have much experience at this whole Navy wife whose husband is deployed thing, but now that the homecoming date is getting closer I'm starting to get nervous. I mean my hubby has been gone soooooo long and now I'm starting to get a little freaked. I mean how in the hell are you supposed to pick up after 7 + months of being apart like everything's okay? God do I miss him though. I think I am beginning to slowly lose my mind. Although that would probably shock my neighboors if I started walking around the neighboorhood in a bathrobe! I have also found that telling your friends that you're going to have to dig the hole deeper if the body is going to fit while gardening is not smart while other people are around. I can already hear the rumors already... "You know that woman in Unit 21? Well I heard that she killed a busload of small children and kittens and is burying them in her garden!" Ahhhh I actually would probably piss myself laughing if the MA's actually showed up at my door. But back to the important subject, my hubby getting back. I mean it's bad enough he's been gone, but he's already told me that he's going to be extremely busy. So is there going to even be any time to spend with me? I keep going ack and forth on what to expect. I'm the eternal optimist and have visions of flowers and whispered sweet nothings but I don't want to get my hopes up. And don't get me started on sex! I love my husband I love sex with my husband but dear God after seven months it's kinda almost losing my virginity all over again. Crap I just wish something could be different about how the military works. At least it would help if it was a little less stressful. I don't know how something so happy and exciting can be oh so scary at the same time.

No comments: